The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
Enforce the Nation’s Law & Order Code on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation, perform crime prevention work, enforce local traffic regulations and provide protection, support and emergency assistance. Incumbent will work various shifts, including weekends, holidays and may be called back on regular days off.
1. High School Diploma or GED Certification (Attach Copy). 2. One (1) year of related experience. (Preferred). 3. Any combination of education, experience and training that provides the necessary knowledge abilities. 4. Must possess a Valid State Drivers License (Attach Copy). 5. Must be able to obtain clearance for a Nations Permit. 6. Must be Twenty-One (21) years of age or older. 7. Must submit a blank money order in the amount of $45.00 with your application. Meet with HR Representative to complete fingerprinting for the background check. 8. Complete “Release of Information” Form. 9. Complete “Criminal Records Release” Form and submit to the Nation’s Court. 10. Must successfully pass a background check, psychological test, physical agility test, drug test, written test and an interview before the Police Review Board. 11. Never been convicted of a felony. 12. Never been convicted of any misdemeanor within One (1) year to date of application, including DUI and never been convicted of a felony. 13. Never been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony domestic violence in any jurisdiction. 14. No major traffic violation or a record of suspension or revocation of driver’s license within the past year. 15. Subject to mandatory and random drug testing. MEDICAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL: • Must successfully complete a medical and psychological examination.
MUST ATTACH COPIES
- Satisfactorily pass the Field Training Officer Program (FTO) within 180-day probation period.
- Possess Certification through the Bureau of Indian Affairs Police Academy (Preferred)
- Possess Certification through the N.M. Law Enforcement Academy within One (1) year from date of hire.
- Must obtain a New Mexico State Police Commission, Pursuant to 29-1-11NMSA1978.
Jicarilla Apache Police Department