The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
The Chief of Police is an administrative position which performs and provides a variety of complex administrative and professional work in planning, coordinating and directing the activities of the Police Department. The duties associated with the position are considered as complex in nature, requires independent judgement, and subject to call back to duty status within twenty-four (24) hours.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application during these hours)
- High School Diploma or GED (Attach Copy)
- AA/Bachelors Degree in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice, public Administration/Management. (Attach Copy)
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in law enforcement and crime prevention with three (3) to five (5) years of which must have been equivalent to a lieutenant or higher. (Attach Copies)
- Five (5) years experience in administration/management supervision (Attach copies)
- Must be a State certified peace office with current credentials. (Attach Copies)
- Valid N.M. State Drivers License (Attach Copy)
- Must be able to obtain clearance for a Nation Drivers Permit thru SAMBA check.
- Basic First-Aid and CPR (Attach Copy)
- Must be twenty one (21) years of age and of good moral and character.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must submit a blank money order in the amount of $45.00 with your application. Meet with HR Representative to complete the fingerprinting for the background check.
- Completed "Release of Information" form.
- Complete "Criminal Records Release" form and submit to the Nations Court.
- Must undergo a thorough background investigation, if for some reason a disqualifying factor is identified in the process, it may disqualify the applicant for the position.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor within the last three (3) years.
- Must not have been convicted of a Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, or a felonious crime in any jurisdiction since reaching the age of majority.
- Due to the nature of the position, must be free of the use and abuse of intoxicants, illicit substances or drugs.
- Must have completed basic investigative training at a sanctioned state or Federal Law Enforcement Institution and successfully completed the course.
- Must undergo a thorough physical examination to determine your physical fitness for the intoxicants, illicit substance or drugs.
Jicarilla Apache Police Department