The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
The incumbent will assist in enforcing tribal laws regarding animal control in accordance with the Jicarilla Tribal Code and the Nations Animal Control Ordinance.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application during these hours)
*Effective Immediately Applications received will ONLY be accepted from the local community.*
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate. (Attach Copy)
- One (1) year of related experience, i.e., enforcing laws, investigating, report writing, and working with animals.
- Must possess a Valid State Driver’s License. (Attach Copy)
- Must be able to obtain clearance for Nations Drivers check through SAMBA.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTS:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years old or older.
- Must submit a blank money order in the amount of $35.00 with your application. Meet with HR Representative to complete fingerprinting for background check.
- Complete “Release of Information” Form.
- Complete “Criminal Record Release” form and submit to Nations Court.
- Complete “SAMBA” Form and submit with application.
- Must successfully pass a background check, psychological test, physical efficiency test, written test, drug test, and interview before Police Review Board.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- Never been convicted of a misdemeanor within one year to date of application, including DUI.
- Never been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony domestic violence in any jurisdiction.
- Must be able to obtain certification from the National Animal Control Association Academy, levels 1, 2, & 3. (Must obtain within the first year from the date of hire.)
- Must be willing to work other than normal hours, i.e. evening, weekends, and or holidays.
- Subject to mandatory and random drug testing.
- Must successfully complete a medical and psychological examination. (Negative results of the medical/psychological examination will result in the disqualification for permanent status employment.)
Jicarilla Apache Police Department