The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
Incumbent will enforce the Nation’s Law & Order Code on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation, perform crime prevention work, enforce local traffic regulations, and provide protection, support and emergency assistance. Incumbent will work various shifts, including weekends, holidays and may be called back on regular days off.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application during these hours)
*Effective Immediately Applications received will ONLY be accepted from the local community.*
- High School Diploma or GED certificate. (ATTACH COPY)
- One year of related experience. (Preferred)
- Any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the necessary knowledge and abilities.
- Must possess a Valid State Driver’s License (ATTACH COPY)
- Must be able to obtain clearance for a Nations Driver’s Permit.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTS:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must pay $35.00 Fingerprint Fee CASH or MONEY ORDER at the Disbursement/Treasury Window. Bring receipt back to Human Resources and meet with HR Representative to complete fingerprinting for the background check.
- Completed ‘Release of Information’ form.
- Complete ‘Criminal Records Release’ form and submit to the Nations Court.
- Must successfully pass a background check, psychological test, physical agility test, drug test, written test and an interview before the Police Review Board.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- Never been convicted of a misdemeanor within one year to date of application, including DUI and never been convicted of a felony.
- Never been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony domestic violence in any jurisdiction.
- No major traffic violation or a record of suspension or revocation of driver’s license within the past year.
- Subject to mandatory and random drug testing.
- Must successfully complete a medical and psychological examination. (Negative results of the medical/psychological examination will result in the disqualification for permanent status employment)
CERTIFICATIONS: (MUST ATTACH COPIES)
- Satisfactorily pass the Field Training Officer Program (FTO) within the 180-day probation period.
- Possess Certification thru the Bureau of Indian Affairs Police Academy (Preferred).
- Possess Certification thru the N.M. Law Enforcement Academy (Preferred)
- Or must attend required accredited Law Enforcement Academy within one year from date of hire.
- Must obtain a New Mexico State Police Commission, Pursuant to 29-1-11NMSA1978.
Jicarilla Apache Police Department