The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
The Patrol Sergeant is the first line supervisor of field services and is primarily responsible for daily patrol operations, providing supervision and guidance to subordinates in all police related field activities. Responds to officer misconduct, taking appropriate action in a timely manner. In addition, incumbent is responsible for the maintenance and accountability of all departmental equipment including Nation owned police vehicles and other equipment as assigned in order to assure that they are not abused for personal gain or use. The duties are considered as complex and require individual judgement.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application during these hours)
*Effective Immediately Applications received will ONLY be accepted from the local community.*
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate. (Attach Copy)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) Years’ experience as Certified Police Officer.
- Must be certified by Bureau of Indian Affairs Police Academy. (Attach Copy)
- Must be Certified by New Mexico Department of Public Safety (NMDPS) (Attach Copy)
- Must be Commissioned as New Mexico State Police Officer. (Attach Copy)
- Must complete the following with in the six-month probationary period:
- First Line Supervisory Training or the Supervisory Enforcement Officer training. (Attach Copy)
- First Aid/ CPR Certification. (Attach Copy)
- Provide copies of any/all job-related training or certificates. (Attach Copies)
- Must be Twenty-One (21) years of age or older.
- Must pay $35.00 Fingerprint Fee CASH or MONEY ORDER at the Disbursement/Treasury Window. Bring receipt back to Human Resources and meet with HR Representative to complete fingerprinting for the background check.
- Complete “Release of Information” Form.
- Complete “Criminal Records Release” Form to Nations Courts.
- Must successfully pass background and submit to mandatory and random drug testing.
- Never been convicted of a misdemeanor with in the last three (3) year to date of application, including DUI and never been convicted of a felony.
- Never been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony domestic violence in any jurisdiction.
- Never been convicted of a felony crime in any jurisdiction since reaching the age of majority.
- No major traffic violation or a record of suspension or revocation of drivers’ license with the past year.
Jicarilla Apache Police Department