The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
Correction Officer will perform day-to-day functions as required and necessary to maintain a safe and secure place for residents of the Jicarilla Apache Nation and the Department of Corrections facility. Follows established policies and procedures for effective and efficient performance of duties.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application during these work hours)
*Effective Immediately Applications received will ONLY be accepted from the local community.*
1.High School Diploma or GED. (Attach Copy)
2. One (1) year of experience as Corrections Officer or related field experience
3. Must have a Valid State driver’s license. (Attach Copy)
4. Must be able to obtain clearance for a Nations driver’s permit thru SAMBA check.
5. Must have or be able to obtain a CPR/First Aid Card. (Attach Copy)
6. Must have or be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card. (Attach Copy)
REQUIREMENTS & DOCUMENTS:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must complete a “Criminal Records Release”
- Must complete the “Release of Information” form
- Complete "SAMBA" Form and return to Human Resources Office.
- Must sign a “Confidentiality Statement”, a “Code of Conduct Form”, and a “Zero Tolerance Form”, any breach of confidentiality may be grounds for immediate termination.
- Must be 100% in good physical condition and have the ability to lift own weight.
- Must have an annual physical examination and skin test.
- Must complete the eight-week Basic Correction Officer Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) within one year from date of hire, failure to complete or refusal to attend will result in termination/resignation of your position.
- Must participate in all required training, both in-house and outside of the facility, to include the Basic Detention/Correction Officer Course in Tierra Amarilla.
- Subject to mandatory and random drug testing.
Department of Corrections