The HR Department values Integrity - Teamwork - Service. I.T.S. our motto! View open jobs
By continuously improving pre-hospital emergency skills, knowledge, and patient empathy, the Paramedic’s functions are to decrease suffering, improve the health of our patients, and community involvement, and save lives.
Human Resources Office Hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
(Please Submit Application and documents during these work hours)
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate (Attach Copy)
- Two (2) years of EMT Basic or Intermediate experience. (Required)
- Must be a licensed EMT Paramedic recognized by the state of New Mexico. (Required)
- Must maintain Paramedic license, renew every two (2) years. (Required)
- Meet NM Public Regulatory Commission (PRC) DOT physical requirements.
- Professional BLS CPR certification, PALS certification, and ACLS certification.
- Must be able to obtain Incident Command System (ICS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of hire.
- Must possess a Valid State Driver’s License. (Attach Copy)
- Must be able to obtain clearance for a Nation’s driver’s license thru SAMBA check.
- State and Federal certification for ambulance operation. Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course (EVOC/CEVO) (Attach Copy)
- Basic and advance defensive driving course.
- Certificates pertaining to job. (Attach Copies)
- Must be Twenty-One (21) years of age or older.
- Must pay $35.00 Fingerprint Fee CASH or MONEY ORDER at the Disbursement/Treasury Window. Bring receipt back to Human Resources and meet with HR Representative to complete fingerprinting for the background check.
- Complete “Release of Information”
- Complete “Criminal Records Release” Form and submit to Nation’s Courts.
- Complete “SAMBA” Form and return to Human Resources Office
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must not have a drug or alcohol dependency.
- Never been convicted of any misdemeanor within One (1) year from date of application, including DUI and never convicted of a felony.
- Never been convicted of any misdemeanor or felony domestic violence in any jurisdiction.
- No major traffic violation or a record of suspension or revocation of driver’s license within the past year.
- Will not violate Tribal, State or Federal Laws while employed with this department such violation may be grounds for termination.
- Subject to mandatory and random drug testing
Jicarilla EMS Department